Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Panera, Part 3

So they pushed the mail I sent to Panera all the way to the local store's manager:

Dear Jessie Trent, Thank you for contacting us about the pepper stem left on your sandwich. It is our practice to leave the stem on the pepper because other wise it makes the sandwich soggy from the juice of the pepper. We would be more than happy to cut your pepper stems off. In the future just let the cashier taking your order know and we will cut the stems for your sandwich,again thank you for your concern.
Best Regards,
D* M*
Manager at Valparaiso Panera

So it appears that I will have to make the effort to keep the stems off my peppers at Panera. I think I'll just switch to one of those grilled panini jobs from now on.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can accept that explanation.

Am I an ass for having correcting the letter's grammatical mistakes while reading it?

5:14 PM

 
Blogger Jez said...

Yeah, well, people writing proper sentences, letters, and such these days is asking a lot. I guess. Even college educated people can't write a letter for shit. Whole 'nother blog.

I know I'm no Hemmingway, but Jesus Christ, why can't people learn simple things like proper punctuation and such? Was it not pounded into their heads during grammar school? Or were there only like 3 of us in each class that gave a fuck?

8:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just for argument's sake, let's assume the grammatical mistake in my previous comment was intentional and meant to be taken ironically.

2:44 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

What I like best about the email is the fact that your name is now "JesseTrent", the space being effectively removed. Corporate America condones referring to yourself in the third person just like BobDole.

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Jez said...

Not only that, but my name is not spelled with an "i." It's an argument I've had my entire life. Nowhere in my email or correspondence did I sign my name with an "i," but yet, there it is.

11:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home