Saturday, June 09, 2007

Month (or so) in Review

It has been absolutely nuts around here of late. In May, my work was severely hampered when my plant hosted a Plant Manager's meeting for a week. I was involved in some of the meetings and tours and after-hours events which prevented me from getting a whole lot done. Then we had the HSE folks conference in West Virginia, which I blabbed about missing the plane in another blog, followed by a week of vacation. I don't want to come off as whiny, but it looks like June is going to be full of work, when I should be enjoying the later evenings as they will become shorter around the summer solstice.

Did I mention that on our way to Florida, we put an offer on a house? We were looking to lower our mortgage by getting an older house and doing some things like puttting in a new kitchen. We had the inspection on Wednesday, and after that, I got a better look at the house. We decided to opt out of the house and were lucky when another offer on the house came in. So we're staying put, doing a couple of little projects here this summer that are minor in nature and enjoying it.


Speaking of enjoyment:

I finally found some Gumballhead Wheat, made by the fabulous Three Floyd's in Munster, Indiana. It was very good. I wouldn't say that it was my favorite beer, but it's definitely my favorite smelling beer. Yeah, I know, what are you going to do, walk around with a glass full, smelling it all day? Well, I sort of did, until it was gone.
Also, I finally fixed "The Creeper." So you can either get it here or in the more appropriate blog.
Have a good one. I think we're going to Chicago for the day.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wha wha what? You're not buying the house now? Why am I finding out here? Crazy. Well, whatever works best for you guys, definitely!

9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home