Thursday, January 24, 2008

That's Not Mashed Potatoes, It's a Mash-Up!

Years ago I found a website run by D.J. Lance Lockarm. It had a picture of a sign that said, "Beware the Law" and someone had spray-painted out the word law and painted "CLAW" on there instead.

The site allowed you to down three songs. At the time, I didn't know what to call these songs, because they were the vocals from one song placed over the top of the music of another song. When you know both songs, it's cool, but most of the time, it's hip hop over something else, and I'm not schooled in hip hop so much. But I do enjoy it. Later I learned that these mixes are called "Mash-Ups".
On that website were three songs: "Bring the Muzik", a mix of Public Enemy's "Bring the Noise" and M's "Pop Muzik" plus two others. That first one, though, was awesome. I lost the website and forgot how I got there, but a quick search on myspace shows he's alive and well. He also made an extended version of the song called "Bring the Muzik Back." It includes vocals from Ice-T's "The Pusher" and Beastie Boys "Shake Your Rump" as well.

Right click here and save target as to get the best mash-up ever recorded in the history of the world from D.J. Lance Lockarm.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home