Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Guilty Metal Pleasure - Krokus' "One Vice At A Time"



As I may have mentioned ad nauseum, I lived in Germany from the summer before I entered 7th grade until February of my Junior year of high school. During this time, I had various friends who influenced me musically.

One guy I hung out with in 7th grade was Gilbert. I don't remember his last name. Gilbert's favorite bands were Rainbow and Deep Purple. Deep Purple was Gilbert's dad's favorite band, so I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree in his case.

I told Gilbert I was interested in AC/DC, since my friend, David Cizek, in Oklahoma, had gone around the playground at recess making the sounds of the percussive guitar at the beginning of "Back in Black" until it was firmly planted in my memory (when I actually heard the song for the first time, I sort of recognized what he was doing).

Gilbert told me if I liked AC/DC, then I should pick up Krokus' "One Vice At A Time." He said, "It sounds exactly like AC/DC."

He was right. I reviewed this album on Amazon. So you can go there if you want to read it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home