Friday, August 03, 2007

United Countries of Baseball


Adam sent me the photo you see next to you. We figure it's painted on the wall of some Nike or other sports store.You should be able to see the full size if you blow it up.

I'm wondering how accurate it really is. I find it hard to believe that all of Wisconsin is full on Brewers country. I know it works that way for the Packers, but not necessarily the Brewers.

And that Cubs country could be as easily as large as the Cardinals country. The Twins also have a contingency in Indianapolis. I know this because I was driving through Indy one night, looking for the White Sox game, and found a Twins game. I had a friend once tell me, who used to live in Indy, that there was a HUGE amount of Viqueens fans there, so it wouldn't surprise me. Unlike the Brewers, the Twins have actually been a decent team.

Maybe Florida is full of Marlins and Devil Ray fans. I sort of think the Braves have more of a stronghold over the northern section, from the panhandle to Jacksonville. Just because they were the only team in the deep south for years.

I don't know about a lot of those other places. Maybe some comments would be helpful.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll find Yankees fans everywhere. Kind of like a big, warm, snuggly, blanket, keeping the whole country warm.

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Jez said...

I think some puke just came up my throat a little bit.

8:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home